Patient Participation Group
PPG’s aims & objectives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of patient service.
- Help to improve communication between patients and the practice.
- Provide practical support and help.
PPG’s are about
- Open and honest communication.
- Flexibility, listening, asking for feedback & offering support.
- Committed to delivering results.
- All views being valid.
PPG’s are not
- A forum for individual complaints.
What can Patient Participation Groups do?
- Provide feedback from patients e.g. on appointment systems, access, repeat prescription process & the practice website.
- Help with friendly and informative communication – Websites, newsletters, brochures and leaflets.
- Offer practical help (flu clinics).
- Improve facilities.
- Design new services.
Don’t have the time to attend meetings? Then don’t worry. Why not join our Virtual Patients Participation Group?
What is the Virtual Patient Participation Group (vPPG)?
This is a group for patients who would like to be involved in a Patient Group but are unable to attend meetings. As a member of the Virtual Patient Participation Group, we will send you emails asking for your opinion on a range of topics.