Patient Participation Group
PPGs aims & objectives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of patient service.
- Help to improve communication between patients and the practice.
- Provide practical support and help.
PPGs are about
- Open and honest communication.
- Flexibility, listening, asking for feedback & offering support.
- Committed to delivering results.
- All views being valid.
PPGs are not
- A forum for individual complaints.
- A forum for single issues
What can Patient Participation Groups do?
- Provide feedback from patients e.g. on appointment systems, access, repeat prescription process & the practice website.
- Help with friendly and informative communication – Websites, newsletters, brochures and leaflets.
- Offer practical help (flu clinics).
- Improve facilities.
- Design new services.
Don’t have the time to attend meetings? Then don’t worry. Why not join our Virtual Patients Participation Group?
What is the Virtual Patient Participation Group (vPPG)?
This is a group for patients who would like to be involved in a Patient Group but are unable to attend meetings. As a member of the Virtual Patient Participation Group, we will send you emails asking for your opinion on a range of topics.
No training is required to become a member of our PPG. The most important thing is that you are a registered patient, keen and focused on taking positive action to help the practice.
Be prepared to give opinions about the way the practice is run and any thoughts on how things could be improved – from the welcome patients get when they arrive at the practice, to the parking facilities or the appointment system.
You decide how often and when you would like to answer.
If you would like to join either PPG or vPPG then please complete our online form.
The information you provide will be used by Cromer Group Practice to contact you about health care services and activities. Your contacts will enable us to inform you of any events being run by any of our partner agencies and potential ways in which you can become involved.
Your details will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared with anyone else. The information you supply will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. You can opt out of the PPG at any time by informing the Practice Manager who will arrange for your details to be removed.