Flu Vaccination Clinics Autumn 2021
Over 65s and “At Risk” Patients
We are preparing our flu vaccination clinics, due to start on 25th September.
If you are over 65 or in an “at risk” group, you are eligible for a FREE flu jab. You are considered at risk if you:
- are pregnant
- have a long-term health condition ie, diabetes, COPD, chronic heart disease
- have a learning disability
- are the main carer for someone who is at risk of Covid-19, or whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill.
This winter, because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the flu vaccine may be offered, to those aged 50 to 64 years old, later in the year. Patients will be contacted if this happens.
Although the practice will be sending invitations to eligible patients, appointments are available to book online now via your SystmOnline account (or patient records apps such as the NHS App, Airmid etc) or by calling the surgery.
For more information on the flu vaccine please go to www.nhs.uk/flu-influenza-vaccine
The surgery is continuing with social distancing and requests all patients to please adhere to the following:
- Arrive on time but do not join the queue any more than 5 minutes before your appointment
- Attend alone, unless necessary.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to allow you to prepare for your vaccine while waiting.
- Wear a face covering unless there is a clinical reason that prevents you from doing so.